Thick Film Screen Printing
This technology is used in demanding applications where long life, thermal endurance, mechanical strength, thermal conductivity, high density electrical interconnection, low dielectric losses, etc., are needed
- Through hole connections from front to back of ceramic standard process
- Screen printed resistors on both front and back is standard process
- Gold conductors can be wire bonded with both gold wire and/or alumina wire
- Solderable metallization is available that can be integrated with gold wire bondable conductors
Etched Thick Film
For product with much tighter spacing requirements, etched thick film substrates are the best solution and are more cost effective.
- Etched standard 2 mil lines and spaces (1 mil lines special request) on gold. Etched Gold Thick Film has better insertion loss at higher frequencies than comparable Thin Film RF circuits
- Lange couplers available that do not require wire bonding to tie coupler elements together
- Silver etching available
Multilayer Thick Film Screen Printing
These substrates consist of screen printed conductor layers, separated by dielectric layers, which can be interconnected by vias. This allows high density interconnection.
- Ten layers or more available with our standard process
- 10 mil square vias or larger available with our standard process
- Dielectrics available that will allow intermixing of gold and silver metallization
- Multilayer capability both front and back with through hole interconnections
When standard thick film processes aren’t able to work with a design, multiple processes can be incorporated to achieve strict design requirements.
- Etch layer on top of multilayer
- Etching available on all metal layers of a multilayer structure
- Photo imageable dielectrics available for multilayer structures
- Integrated resistors and capacitors available with etch technology