Doing Business with Us
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Seller warrants only that (a) any products or services provided hereunder meet Seller’s standard specifications for the same or such other specifications as may have been expressly agreed to herein; (b) the sale of any products or services provided hereunder will not infringe the claims of any validly issued United States patent covering such product or service itself, but does nor warrant against infringement by reason of (i) the use of any information provided, (ii) the use of any product or service in combination with other products, services, or information or in the operation of any process, or (iii) the compliance by Seller with any specifications provided to Seller by Buyer; and (c) all products provided hereunder were produced in compliance with the requirements of the Fair Labor standards Act of 1938, as amended. WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PROVIDED TO BUYER, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Buyer assumes all risk and liability resulting from use of the products, services, or information delivered hereunder, whether used singly or in combination with other products, services, or information.
2. IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO BUYER FOR ALL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, NONDELIVERY, OR THE PROVISION OF ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE FORM OF ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL PRICE PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER FOR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION IN RESPECT OF WHICH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED. NO CLAIM SHALL BE ALLOWED FOR PRODUCT THAT HAS BEEN PROCESSED IN ANY MANNER. FAILURE TO GIVE NOTICE OF A CLAIM WITHIN NINETY (90) DAYS FROM DATE OF DELIVERY, OR THE DATE FIXED FOR DELIVERY (IN CASE OF NONDELIVERY) SHALL CONSTITUTE A WAIVER BY BUYER OF ALL CLAIMS IN RESPECT OF SUCH PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION. PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE RETURNED TO SELLER WITHOUT SELLER’S PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION. NO CHARGE OR EXPENSE INCIDENT TO ANY CLAIMS WILL BE ALLOWED UNLESS APPROVED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SELLER. IN ADDITION, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH PARTY HERETO WAIVES ANY CLAIM TO INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR MULTIPLIED DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PROVISION OF ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INFORMATION. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES WAIVE AND AGREE NOT TO ASSERT NON-CONTRACTUAL CLAIMS ARISING UNDER STATE LAW RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PROVISION OF ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE DEEMED TO INCLUDE SUCH LANGUAGE AS MAY BE REQUIRED TO EFFECT SUCH WAIVER. WAIVER BY EITHER PARTY OF ANY DEFAULT BY THE OTHER HEREUNDER SHALL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER BY SUCH PARTY OF ANY DEFAULT BY THE OTHER WHICH MAY THEREAFTER OCCUR.
3.No liability shall result from delay in performance or nonperformance, directly or indirectly caused by circumstances beyond the control of the party affected, including, but not limited to, act of God, fire, explosion, flood, war, act of or authorized by any Government, accident, labor trouble or shortage, pandemic, inability to obtain material, equipment or transportation, failure to obtain or hardship in obtaining reasonably priced supplies of materials, or failure of usual transportation mode. Quantities so affected may be eliminated from the agreement without liability, but the agreement shall remain otherwise unaffected. Seller shall have no obligation to purchase supplies of the product specified herein to enable it to perform this Agreement.
4. Seller may furnish such technical assistance and information as it has available with respect to the use of the products or services covered by this agreement. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all such information will be provided gratis. Buyer agrees to evaluate such information, to make an independent decision regarding the suitability of such information, products and services for Buyer’s application, and only use such products, services and information pursuant to then current good product stewardship principles and all regulatory requirements applicable to Buyer’s business.
5.Buyer acknowledges that it has received and is familiar with Seller’s labeling and literature concerning the products and its properties. Buyer will forward such information to its employees, contractors and customers who may distribute, handle, process, sell or use such products, and advise such parties to familiarize themselves with such information. Buyer agrees that products sold hereunder will not knowingly be resold or given in sample form to persons using or proposing to use the products for purposes contrary to recommendations given by Seller or prohibited by law, but will be sold or given as samples only to persons who can handle, use and dispose of the products safely. Buyer agrees that export of any product, service or information provided hereunder shall be in accordance with applicable Export Administration Regulations.
6. Except as may be contained in a separate trademark license, the sale of product (even if accompanied by documents using a trademark or trade name of Seller) does not convey a license, express or implied, to use any trademark or trade name of Seller, and Buyer shall not use any trademark or trade name of Seller in the conduct of its business without Seller’s prior written consent.
7. The Buyer shall reimburse the Seller for all taxes, (excluding income taxes) excises or other charges which the Seller may be required to pay to any Government (National State or Local) upon the sale, production or transportation of the products, services, or information sold hereunder.
8. In the event Buyer fails to fulfill Seller’s terms of payment, or in case Seller shall have any doubt any time as to Buyer’s financial responsibility, Seller may decline to make further deliveries except upon receipt of cash or satisfactory security.
9. This agreement is not assignable or transferable by Buyer, in whole or in part, except with the prior written consent of Seller. Seller reserves the right to sell, assign, or otherwise transfer its right to receive payment under this agreement.
10. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration – Buyer and Seller agree to arbitrate all disputes, claims or controversies whether based on contract, tort, statute, or any other legal or equitable theory, arising out of or relating to (a) this Agreement or the relationship which results from this Agreement, (b) the breach, termination or validity of this Agreement, (c) the purchase or supply of any product, service, or information provided by Seller, (d) events leading up to the information of Buyer’s and Seller’s relationship, and (e) any issue related to the creation of this Agreement or its scope, including the scope and validity of this paragraph. The parties shall before and as a condition to proceeding to arbitration attempt in good faith to resolve any such claim or controversy by mediation under the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (“CPR”) Mediation Procedure then currently in effect. Unless the parties agree otherwise, the mediator will be selected from the CPR Panels of Distinguished Neutrals. Any such claim or controversy which remains unresolved 60 days after the appointment of a mediator or 60 days after good faith efforts by either party to proceed to mediation shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the CPR Rules for Non- Administered Arbitration then currently in effect by three independent and impartial arbitrators, none of whom shall be appointed by either party. This Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Ar bitration Act, 9 U.S.C §§ 1- 16, to the exclusion of any state laws inconsistent therewith. Such arbitration shall be conducted in a city in the state of California to be chosen by the arbitrators which is not the principal place of business of either party , and the arbitrators and the parties shall conduct such arbitration in accordance with such procedures as may be necessary to permit use of the then current CPR Arbitration Appeal Procedure. Any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event that either party wishes to appeal an award, the parties shall follow the then current CPR Arbitration Appeal Procedure. Buyer and Seller agree not to file or join any class action or class arbitration, seek or consent to class relief, or seek or consent to the consolidation or joinder of its claims with those of any third party. If any clause within this Arbitration Provision (other than the agreement regarding the conduct of the arbitration i n the preceding sentence) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Provision, and the remainder of the Arbitration Provision will be given full force and effect. If such agreement regarding the conduct of t he arbitration is found to be illegal or unenforceable and if the arbitrators permit a class arbitration or consolidated or joined matter to proceed, this entire Arbitration Provision will be unenforceable, and the dispute may be decided by a court. The obligations set forth in this paragraph shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
11. In addition to these Standard Conditions of Sale, any Special Conditions of Sale set forth on the invoice or in the current price list for the products or services sold hereunder shall apply and are incorporated by reference. Unless otherwise specified therein, title, liability for and risk of loss to Product sold hereunder passes to Buyer upon loading for shipment at Seller’s producing location.
12. This Agreement shall be construed and governed by California law, without regard to any applicable conflicts of law provisions, and the terms of the UCC, rather than the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, shall apply.
13. Except as expressly provided in any other term or condition of this Agreement, any provision hereof which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
14. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, representations and understandings between the parties (whether written or oral) with respect to its subject matter and constitutes (along with the exhibits and schedules attached hereto) a complete and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between the parties with respect to the provision of products or services hereunder. Not by way of limitation of the unqualified nature of the foregoing, Buyer acknowledges, agrees and represents that it is not relying upon, and it has not been induced by, any representation, warranty, statement made by, or other information provided by Seller in connection with its decision to purchase or use any product, service, information or technology, other than the representations and warranties Seller as and only to the extent expressly provided in this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement shall be binding upon Seller unless separately contracted in writing and executed by a duly authorized representative of Seller. No modification shall be affected by the acknowledgment or acceptance of purchase order forms stipulating different conditions. Unless Buyer shall notify Seller in writing to the contrary as soon as practicable after receipt of this invoice by Buyer, Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions hereof and, in the absence of such notification, Buyer’s acceptance or use of the products, services, information or technology shall be equivalent to Buyer’s assent to the terms and conditions hereof.
15. Where this agreement is silent, the California Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) takes precedence.
Supplier performance is an essential element of developing a world-class, integrated supply chain. CMS Circuits' suppliers must meet performance expectations.
If you become aware of misconduct related to CMS Circuits' business undertaken by any CMS Circuits employee, any of your employees, or any employees of your business partners, we expect you to promptly notify CMS Circuits. You may contact our Ethics Hotline at email@example.com or complete the form below.
If you are interested in becoming a supplier of CMS Circuits, please complete the below form.